How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Dietitian Bariatric collaborates with members of the health care team to provide medical nutrition therapy. Identifies patients at high nutrition risk based on criteria outlined by the WellStar Health System and respective department. Assesses nutrition needs and identifies nutrient requirements according to age and disease specific needs of patients. Develops and implements the nutrition care plan for all assigned patients. Fosters continuity of care among all phases across the continuum of care. Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of medical nutrition therapy intervention. Provides nutrition education to patient and family member on appropriate food selections and eating behaviors to accomplish patient goals. Manages the delivery of nutrition care services according to the site of care assigned. Participates in performance improvement and research activities. Mentors dietetic interns/diet technicians. Actively assesses, evaluates and maintains professional development and competencies outlined in the position description.
55 Whitcher Street Marietta , Georgia 30060
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in dietetics.
- Master's degree preferred.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (R.D.) and current Georgia license (L.D.).
- BLS required.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the health care field.
- Experience in specific specialty preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Capable of preparing and providing presentations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of menu planning and the conversion of nutrient recommendations into food and menus.
- Counseling and educational training for individual and group work.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems associated with special needs, such as seniors, families, low-income patients, clinical conditions, and associated co-morbidities.
- Maintenance of effective relationships with other health care professionals, when sharing patients.